Attaining agricultural and energy self sufficiency is a massive project. Hillsides need to be terraced, drainage and water retention set up on contour, trees, branches and landslides cleared, compost systems set up at scale, and seed stocks replenished.
- Renewable energy equipment and systems: inverters, charge controllers, battery controllers, solar panels, microhydro systems, multimeter, insulation resistance meter, ground resistance meter, pv curve meter, insulated screw driver set, mechanic tool set
- Dual cab 4x4 Pickup truck(s) - Toyota Hillux or equivalent - For transporting materials and equipment, removing rubble, and delivering relief (we currently have only small jeeps).
- Excavator(s) to remove debris, clear landslides and landscape for farming - At least one Bobcat mini-excavator with claw - A full sized excavator would also help greatly for large scale earthmoving
- Trailer to move excavator(s), building materials and debris
- Chainsaws - w/ bar oil and mix oil
- Axes with fiberglass handles - To enable work when fuel is not available.
- Industrial Wood chipper (to make mulch and compost from fallen branches).
- Cordless drills and saws (preferably Makita)
- Communication equipment - Ham radios and walkie talkies
- Tents and Tarps
- Green house and aquaponics kits and components
- Pressure treated lumber (all lengths): 2X4, 2x6, 4x4, form ply, marine ply etc…
- Heavy duty galvanized roofing material (all lengths)
- Roofing screws (all lengths, but 4 inch and longer are prefered)
- Hurricane Ties
- Joist Hangers
- Wood and cement screws (all lengths)
- Nails (all lengths)
- Greenhouse plastic and black screen
- HDPE pipe (for reconnecting water systems) 3”, 2”, 3/4”, 1/2”
- HDPE pipe connectors: junctions, tees, male adaptors, elbows
- Water tanks
- Rubber Boots and Work Boots
- Rubberized gloves
Musical Instruments & Guitar Strings
In most villages there is no electricity. Accoustic music is the only entertainment, and there is a shortage of instruments.
You can also download an extended list in pdf form.