We are currently accepting applications for onsite volunteers. Applicants must be willing to purchase a round trip ticket to The Commonwealth of Dominica, and must be willing to stay at least one month. Do not apply until you are ready to commit to a departure date less than two months away. Dominica is currently recovering from a category 5 hurricane. As such conditions onsite are extremely rustic. Access to electricity is limited. There are no communications of any kind available on most of the island.
Volunteers have access to a shared kitchen, and bathroom, but will need to bring their own tent. Please see our “What to Bring“ list for items you will need.
We have a particular need for people with the following skill sets:
- Experienced Tradesmen - Carpenters, electricians, renewable energy technicians, mechanics, general handymen etc…
- Animators/Video Editors/Videographers/UAV Operators - You will retain rights to footage, but must be willing to release as Creative Commons.
- Teachers/child development specialists - Work with a small group of children ages 3 - 8, using a curiosity based learning approach.
To apply, send an email to with the following information:
- Include the words: “Hurricane Maria Recovery Volunteer” in the email subject.
- Provide your name, age, gender and nationality.
- List any relevant skill sets and/or experience.
- Explain why you want to volunteer and how you feel you can help in 500 words or less.
- Tell us about yourself: include languages spoken, musical instruments played, philosophical background etc…
- Describe your availability: How soon will you be ready to travel? How long are you willing to stay?
- Contact information: phone number, link to Facebook profile, skype name, Whatsapp etc… Tell us what the best way to reach you is, what time zone you are in and at what time of day you are generally most available.